Our client is seeking a Technical Writer who will prepare user documentation in support of the company’s products aimed at medical professionals. The successful candidate will work directly with software engineers, project managers, and product managers to create online help, quick start guides, user guides, and other user documents. It is crucial that the candidate understand the medical terminology and can create a task-oriented, procedural user document.
- Work with software engineering and product teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user manuals, quick start guides and online help
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Liaising with translation agencies to ensure all documentation is translated when and where needed and ready before any commercial release.
Ensure appropriate documentation is prepared and available before the commercial release of the software.
- Updated user manuals per application
- Updated quick start guides per application
- Review and approve the translated manuals from the translation agency
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Skills in reading and editing literature in necessary medical and technical fields.
- Academic work and thinking level, preferably (bio-) medical.
- Affinity with the relevant imaging techniques.
- Affinity with software technical aspects of clinical applications.
Personal Skills and competences
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Committed and pro-active.
- Excellent written and spoken English and preferably Dutch.
What we offer:
We offer a salary from €40.000 up to €60.000 gross per year based on your experience and current package. You will get a permanent contract, 8% holiday allowance, a ½ 13th month in December, a pension scheme, partners pension, ANW insurance, travel cost allowance and 25 holidays.
How to apply:
The recruitment for this vacancy has been completely outsourced to Rick van Eeden from R2 Group. Please apply for this job through the link on this website or send your CV to r.vaneeden at r2group.nl. For more information you can call Rick at 088-5380000.