Financal Business Analyst
Our client is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. The client has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, our client’s operating business became majority owned by the market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide.
- The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Department plays a crucial role within the Finance Department:
- Owner of Group management reporting framework
- Owner of Group budgeting & forecasting process
- Owner of Group strategic modelling & scenario planning
- Maintain rules and compliance to Group management reporting standards for internal & external reporting
- Oversight of Group wide Business analysis function
- Operational coordination of consolidated monthly management reporting, and annual budget processes
- Support for other finance functions; Group Accounting, Treasury, Tax and IR on an as needs basis
- Direct ad-hoc support to CFO and NMC on management reporting and Group financial analysis
- The Business Analysts of the FP&A cover following areas:
- Strategic financial planning and analysis
- produce monthly/quarterly management reporting on operational and financial results, consolidated/per site
- Develop and interpret financial data/analysis in conjunction with operations management to make recommendations for business and cost improvement.
- Develop models and coordinate discussion to support strategic operational analyses including business viability evaluations, operational modifications and marketing evaluations
- Maintenance and operation of Group strategic financial models
- Maintenance and operation of mining valuation & impairment models
- Maintenance and operation of DTA recoverability and going concern analysis models
- Financial / operational analysis and interpretation of variances vs plans on mining/refining site results
- Support for controlling function
- Provide active management, guidance, & coaching of mine/refining site Bas
- Provide site FMs/BAs with specialized analysis
- Build mining/smelting variance analysis models
- Coordinate budget cycle
- The Business analyst FP&A will report to the Head of FP&A
- Internal relationships: Accounting Department, IT, Compliance, Operations, Senior Finance Management, Treasury, Technical teams on sites
- External relationship: Cash management banks, Facility Agents and Program Banks, Financing Banks and Institutions, Legal Advisers
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years of experience in a financial/analytical role
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Numerically minded
- Excel, cashflow modelling, ability to handle and treat and large amount of data, macros
- Objectives focused, ability to handle multiple objectives efficiently
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Strong/resolute personality
- Adaptable with ability to take on ideas and concepts in a short period of time
- Accuracy with speed, attention to detail.
- They offer:
- A salary from €45.000 - €70.000 and other interesting benefits.
About the company:
The headquarters of this International company is based in Weert but they operate worldwide. They are market leader in their field. They work close together with their customers and large transport hubs to deliver products. There is an informal culture and a lot of different cultural backgrounds so fluent English is a must. The financial situation of the company is stable and they offer great benefits like an L&D academy.
Please apply through the link on this website or send your CV to r.vaneeden at r2group.nl. For more information about the role you can contact Rick van Eeden at 088-5380000.