Backend PHP Developer
For a full-service mobile app agency in Amsterdam we are looking for a Backend PHP developer. Are you eager to learn, do you like to inspire others and can you take code to the next level? They use PHP7 and you work on multiple projects inhouse. They are passionate about development, have a user-focused mindset and continuously improve.
You work with clients in order to build amazing apps for them. All apps are different and to develop you interact with various Agile/Scrum teams. Complexity and features of the backend applications are different. Some act as API Gateway/proxy while others record or edit a lot of data before the front-end can be started. The applications retrieve SOAP files for processing and talk to the APIs that output structured data. Your goal is to make the mobile applications work perfectly.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend PHP developer in an Agile environment
- Experience with PHP7, Python, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, MariaDB, AWS, Linux, InfluxDB (Time Series Databases), TDD, Clean Code, Unit testing, Functional testing, CI/CD, Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket Server, Jira, Atlassian Tools
- Knowledge of Grafana, Icinga2, monitoring, Saltstack, CentOS, RHEL, LEMP stack would be nice
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Open to work with different technologies and learn new things (frontend and backend)
- Fluent in English
A salary from €50.000 to €65.000 gross per year. They offer a pension scheme, travel cost allowance, lunch in the office, drinks on Friday, company trips, budget for a mobile device, laptop, decorated home workplace and an unlimited training/education budget.
About the company:
This mobile agency creates native mobile apps from concept and delivers full-service. They work with a variety of clients in retail, aviation, finance and government. They take code to the next level. There is an open company culture with focus is on personal development and diversity of the developers. About 50 people work on the development of car apps, smartwatch apps, mobile websites and mobile applications for international customers.
How to apply:
Are you open to share some code and show us how you work? You can apply through the link on this website for the job of Backend PHP developer or contact Nicolette Drijber through n.drijber at r2group.nl and call 088-5380000 for more information.